DEval at COP26
For the first time, the German Institute for Development Evaluation (DEval) will be attending the United Nations’ 26th Climate Change Conference, COP26.
This year, for the first time, the German Institute for Development Evaluation (DEval) will be attending the United Nations’ 26th Climate Change Conference, COP26, as an observer. This represents an excellent opportunity for the Institute to present evaluation as a fundamental pillar in adapting to climate change and protecting biodiversity.
Representing DEval at the conference will be Dr Sven Harten, deputy director at DEval and head of the Competence Centre for Evaluation Methods. He will be joined by Dirk Hoffmann from Focelac+, a project implemented jointly by DEval and Mideplan that aims to improve evaluation capacity in Latin America and beyond.
The Institute will primarily be based at the German stand and will attend events hosted by other organisations such as the Green Climate Fund, the International Fund for Agricultural Development, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, and the Asian Development Bank.
Through their participation in this important global event, DEval and Focelac+ seek to present the results, lessons learned, and best practices of the Institute’s evaluation experiences. They also intend to showcase the Evaluation of Non-Reimbursable International Cooperation in Biodiversity and Climate Change, led by Costa Rica (the recipient country, a country-led evaluation), to decision-makers from other countries, and to demonstrate how, by working with strategic partners, key evidence can be obtained to enhance development.
Events with DEval´s Participation
- Evaluating Climate Change Adaptation and Climate Action: What have we learned?
- Climate and Biodiversity: Enhancing synergies and fostering efficiency from a Global South perspective
- Mobilising the Private Sector for Climate Action: Lessons from evaluations at the GCF and other organizations
- Video Recording from COP26 IFAD Pavilion on 4. November 2021 Evidence-based Transformative Pathways for Smallholder Farmers’ Resilience to Climate Change
- Video Recording from COP26 KOREA Pavilion on 12. November 2021 Evaluating Climate Change Adaptation and Climate Action in the SIDS and the LDCs. What have we learned? A dialogue with evaluators.
Dr Sven Harten
Phone: +49 (0)228 336907-950
Email Write an email
Phone: +49 (0)228 336907-997
Email Write an email