The German Institute for Development Evaluation (DEval) is looking for a Team (Senior Consulting Evaluator and Junior Consulting Evaluator) in Burkina Faso for the period from 01st September 2021 until 31st January 2022.
DEval developed an instrument for conducting country portfolio reviews (CPRs) for German bilateral development cooperation to assess mainly the relevance and coherence of country portfolios. CPRs address overarching issues at the level of the overall portfolio and provide an independent and sound information base for strategy formation.
The consultant team shall perform the following tasks:
The consultant team will be involved in preparing the CPR in Burkina Faso thematically and logistically, conducting the on-site data collection during the field work in Ouagadougou, supporting the data analysis and in some follow-up work. Tasks include the preparation of a document on the political system in Burkina Faso, the preparation, implementation and documentation of qualitative interviews with relevant stakeholders in Ouagadougou / Burkina Faso and translations.
The consultant team needs to demonstrate the following competencies and experiences:
- University degree (As Senior: Master degree or equivalent, as Junior: Bachelor degree)
- At least 5 years of professional experience or living in Burkina Faso
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in development cooperation in Burkina Faso (as Junior: 1 year)
- As Senior: At least 2 different professional experiences within different development partners and/or public institutions and/or non-governmental organizations (NGO) in Burkina Faso
- As Senior: Professional experience or research in at least one sector relevant for the German development cooperation (Sustainable Agriculture, Water and Sanitation, Good (local) Governance/Decentralisation)
- At least 3 years of professional experience in qualitative data collection and documentation, incl. conducting semi-structured interviews and/or focus group discussions proved by past experience, (as Junior: 2 years)
- As Junior: At least 1 professional experience in general office procedures and project administration/management and logistical support to field visits
- Excellent knowledge of French (C2, written and oral) and English (B2, written and oral).
Interested candidates can request the tender documents by sending an e-mail to tendering.eval1[at]deval.org . If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at any time.
Deadline for submission of tenders is 05th August 2021 08:00 AM CET