Consultant in Indonesia for the DEval Evaluation on the Promotion of Protected Areas
The German Institute for Development Evaluation (DEval) is looking for a Consultant in Indonesia for the period from 01.07.2023 until 15.09.2023. DEval is conducting an evaluation on the promotion of protected areas by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). One aim of the evaluation is to facilitate learning on how the BMZ can improve its support to protected areas generally and to partners in the management of possible tensions between the ecological and socio-economic objectives of protected area promotion. The evaluation conducts case studies in a sample of partner countries of German development cooperation, among them in Indonesia.
We are looking for an experienced consultant who has the necessary qualifications to support us in our evaluation work.
The consultant shall perform the following tasks:
- preparation of a document on the promotion of protected areas in Indonesia (3-5 pages)
- general communication and coordination with DEval-Team (preparation of the field trip and follow up) via Webex, Zoom or others
- identification of relevant interview partners and arranging interviews with and establish contact to relevant public and other organisations as well as key stakeholders in Indonesia
- take charge of logistical and administrative arrangements in preparation for the field mission in Indonesia, in particular for visiting one protected area
- conducting data collection including travel to one protected area (interviews, group discussions), documentation and translation (if necessary)
- feedback and reflection at the end of the data collection
The person should demonstrate the following competencies and experiences:
- University degree (Bachelor degree or equivalent or higher)
- at least 2 years of living and/or professional experience in Indonesia
- a minimum of 1 year of professional experience in development cooperation in Indonesia
- professional experience within different development partners and/or public institutions and/or non-governmental organization (NGO) in Indonesia; at least two different
- at least 1 year of professional experience in qualitative data collection and documentation (e.g. conducting semi-structured interviews and focus group discussions) proved by past experience
- advanced knowledge of English (C1) and excellent knowledge of Indonesian (C2)
If you are interested, you can request the complete tender documents by sending an e-mail to tendering.eval1[at]deval.org
Please note: Only complete, signed and encrypted offers can be reviewed.
Deadline for submission of tenders is 14. June 2023, 09:00 AM CET