The German Institute for Development Evaluation (DEval) is looking for a Consultant in Cameroon for the period from 03. January to 31. March 2023. DEval is conducting an evaluation on the promotion of protected areas by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). One aim of the evaluation is to facilitate learning on how the BMZ can improve its support to protected areas generally and to partners in the management of possible tensions between the ecological and socio-economic objectives of protected area promotion. The evaluation conducts case studies in a sample of partner countries of German development cooperation, among them in Cameroon.
We are looking for an experienced consultant who has the necessary qualifications to support us in our evaluation work.
The consultant shall perform the following tasks:
- preparation of a document on the promotion of protected areas in Cameroon (3-5 pages)
- general communication and coordination with DEval-Team (preparation of the field trip and follow up) via Webex, Zoom or others.
- identification of relevant interview partners and arranging interviews with and establish contact to relevant public and other organisations as well as key stakeholders in Cameroon
- take charge of logistical and administrative arrangements in preparation for the field mission in Cameroon, in particular for visiting two protected areas
- conducting data collection including travel to two protected areas (interviews, group discussions), documentation and translation (if necessary)
- feedback and reflection at the end of the data collection
The person should demonstrate the following competencies and experiences:
- University degree (Master degree or equivalent)
- at least 5 years of living and/or professional experience in Cameroon,
- a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in development cooperation in Cameroon
- professional experience within different development partners and/or public institution and/or non-governmental organization (NGO) in Cameroon; at least two different
- professional experience or research on at least one sector relevant for the evaluation (biodiversity, protected areas, environmental and resource protection or similar
- at least 3 years’ professional experience in qualitative data collection and documentation, incl. conducting semi-structured interviews and focus group discussions proved by past experience
- excellent knowledge of French (C2) and good knowledge of English (B2 written and oral)
If you are interested, you can request the complete tender documents by sending an e-mail to tendering.eval1[at]deval.org
Please note: Only complete, signed and encrypted offers can be reviewed.
Deadline for submission of tenders is 05. December 2022 09:00 AM CET